Do Not Be Afraid
In this tour, we will see evidence of how fear was put upon Jehovah’s people, and what Jehovah provided to counteract their being afraid.
- The Boston Museum of Fine Arts, Boston MA
- 1.5 hours
- $10/device (Does not include booking fees)
- Virtual - not broadcast from the location
- Questions? Check our FAQ's!
- Virtual Museum Bible Tours
Satan has used fear as a tactic to intimidate God’s people into drawing farther away from Jehovah. To counter this tactic Jehovah inspired Isaiah to write the words found in Isaiah 41:10 – “Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you, I will really hold on to you with my right hand of righteousness.” (NWT) In this tour, we will discuss the tactic of fear used by Satan to manipulate people. We will see examples of this from the times of the Egyptians, the 10 plagues, and the times of Esther. We will see direct evidence of how this fear was put upon Jehovah’s people, and what Jehovah provided to counteract this fear.About the museum/location:
The Boston Museum of Fine Arts contains more than 485, 000 works of art. It is the 52nd most visited Museum in the entire world. The Boston Museum of Fine Arts is the 6th museum in the world with the most Egyptian Artifacts and the museum with the most Egyptian Artifacts in the United States. It has approximately 45, 000 Egyptian Artifacts in its collection.Tour Highlights:
None of the artifacts on this tour are reproductions. They are all original artifacts. Now a part of the permanent collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, they are 9, 226 km (5, 773 mi) away from where they originated – in Egypt.
- What are some ways that Satan has tried to manipulate people using fear in the past?
- How were those who worshipped Jehovah helped to “not be afraid” in those instances?
- How were living in Egypt and witnessing the 10 plagues a source of fear for the Israelites?
- Why was it such a temptation for the Israelites to surrender to false gods after they had witnessed the 10 plagues, the parting of the Red Sea, and Jehovah’s direct intervention?
Head of Djehutymakht - Satan distracted mankind with the preoccupation of death and the fear associated with it. The Egyptians mummified their dead because of the beliefs they had with death and the belief in the afterlife.
Model of a Granary - Djehutymakht’s tomb contained the most wooden models that have been found to date. Grain was a basic unit of wealth and exchange in Ancient Egypt, and a careful accounting of the crop was essential. Jehovah targeted the Egyptians and their crops during a few of the Ten Plagues and that had devastating effects for the Egyptians.
Statuette of a weather god - The Israelites left Egypt now free and saw Jehovah’s intervention with the 10 plagued and the Red Sea. But, they fell prey in worship to false gods. The Canaanites worshipped false gods and the Israelites joined, even though they had seen direct Divine Intervention from Jehovah.